Matthew R. Malone has represented clients in litigation matters in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. He has experience in trial and appellate level litigation in a variety of areas, including administrative law (generally public service commission matters), personal injury and wrongful death, federal and state criminal defense and domestic relations.
Matt worked as an associate in the firm until becoming a partner in 2009. Matt is admitted to practice before the Kentucky Supreme Court, the Eastern and Western District of Kentucky, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals and the US Supreme Court.
Examples of his representative experience include:
- Representing a conglomeration of natural gas marketers in a several day trial with all of the major Kentucky local distribution companies before the Kentucky Public Service Commission involving retail gas choice programs.
- Representing numerous telecommunication companies before the Kentucky Public Service Commission seeking Eligible Transportation Carrier (ETC) status.
- Representing the Kentucky School Boards Association as an intervener in many different rate increase actions by electric and gas utilities before the Kentucky Public Service Commission.
- Representing a natural gas supply company before the Kentucky Public Service Commission in numerous actions.
- Representing a natural gas transportation provider before the Kentucky Public Service Commission in gas utility rate increase matters.
- Representing individuals charged with all types of crimes in federal court in the Eastern and Western District of Kentucky in both trial and appellate work.
- Representing an individual in a vote-buying conspiracy trial in federal court in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Representing an individual charged with a crime in state court which led to oral arguments before the Kentucky Court of Appeals and the Kentucky Supreme Court.
- Representing a young woman’s estate killed by a reckless painting contractor driving the wrong way on I-75.
- Representing numerous plaintiffs injured by the negligence of others in car accidents.
- Representing many individuals through contentious and contested divorce, child custody and child support actions.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Kentucky Bar Association