Aaron D. Reedy received his B.B.A., summa cum laude, in both Finance and Management from the University of Kentucky, Gatton School of Business and Management. He received his J.D. from the University of Kentucky, College of Law in 2004 where he served on the Kentucky Law Journal.
Mr. Reedy worked as an associate in the firm until becoming a partner in 2009. Mr. Reedy is admitted to practice before Kentucky Courts, United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky, United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Kentucky, and the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. He has represented clients in litigation matters in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies.
Mr. Reedy has acquired a broad range of legal experience through practicing law in Lexington and central Kentucky over the past 9 years. His practice focuses on business litigation, business planning, creditors’ rights, foreclosure law, insurance defense and personal injury, including car wrecks, workers’ comp, wrongful death and premises liability.
Examples of his representative experience include:
- Representing a wide range of businesses in contractual and business tort disputes.
- Representing community banks in foreclosure actions.
- Representing auto dealers in collections and general commercial disputes.
- Representing coal companies in mineral rights, royalty and permitting disputes.
- Representing landlords and tenants in lease drafting, negotiations and forcible detainer actions.
- Representing workers’ compensation insurers in the defense of their insured employers.
- Representing numerous contractors, subcontractors and property owners in construction and lien disputes.
- Representing employers seeking to enforce, and employees seeking to defend, non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
- Representing owners of certificates of tax delinquency in foreclosure actions.
- Representing business owners in asset and stock/membership unit sales.
- Representing business owners in ownership disputes and judicial dissolution actions.
- Representing plaintiffs injured by the negligence of others in motor vehicle accidents.
- Representing plaintiffs injured in workplace accidents.
- Representing dog bite victims.
- Representing plaintiffs injured as a result of the negligence of medical professionals.